From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of rabbtux rabbtux
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 1:06 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Anyone sell/setup webcams with their wireless
service?

how does the Microsoft stack get involved?  are you saying I should
pre-test my BL-C30A with dlink, zyxel, and netgear  wireless routers I
have setup for home users?   Sounds like my initial camera choice is a
good stable one.

Anyone have suggestions for the next level of web cam.  Not too much
higher in price, but suitable for outdoor use with PTZ?  - Thanks

On 9/19/07, Jonathan Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, Marshall, you need to be aware of the stability of the wireless
links
> if you use a camera in that mode.
>
> Both the camera's 802.11 and the AP's need to be tested beforehand to
assure
> that they won't get into a hangup...typical of, say, a WRT54G and a
> Microsoft stack, requiring reboot.
>
> Believe me, I've gone through many...many, many.  And, it is unusual
for a
> pair to recover spontaneously from unusual failure modes...from time
> time, perhaps once a week or month.  The Panasonic BL-C30A, mentioned
> earlier, has met the challenge on my use as long as you don't want
super
> high resoluton...then, look at iQeye with a good Ethernet bridge or
direct
> wiring.
>
> . . . J o n a t h a n

On