From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Matt Larsen - Lists
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 1:21 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; WISPA General List; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [WISPA] Long Distance StarOS links

Hi all,

Today we finished replacing our long Trango links with StarOS links,
WAR-4 boards running version 3 of StarOS - hooked up to 4' Radiowaves
dishes.

Here are the results:

42 mile shot
10mhz channel size
-58 signal strength
10-12meg throughput

62 mile shot
10mhz channel size
-60 signal strength
8-10meg throughput

I am fairly happy with the links, and they are pushing about double what

our Trango Tlink-10 radios were able to handle.  I thought they would be

able to deliver a little bit higher speed, but it doesn't look like I'm
going to be able to get any more out of them.   If only I had sprung for

the dual polarity feedhorns, I would be able to put two radios on each
side and test the full duplex performance of StarOS on these links.
I'm guessing that the full duplex shots would be in the 30-40 meg range
in both directions since they would not have to deal with the mileage
issues.

What is really amazing to me is the signal strength.   These are the
only two links where we use the 4' dishes, and they are the strongest
backhaul signals that we have on our network, even though they are the
longest.  I know that the 2x cloaking is part of that, but it still
blows me away.

Matt Larsen
vistabeam.com

--------

** Join us at the WISPA Reception at 6:30 PM on October the 16th 2007 at
ISPCON **
** THE INTERNET INDUSTRY EVENT **
http://www.ispcon.com/register.php **

--------