CHUCK PROFITO wrote:
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071019/D8SCASQ80.html

Comcast has been doing this for a few months, actually. By most accounts, the traffic is throttled at their network edges - i.e. two Comcast customers can trade files all they want, the throttling only kicks in when one of them tries to exchange data with a non-Comcast peer.

My network throttles peer-to-peer traffic because that traffic does really nasty things to our customer APs (the last-mile hop). Comcast isn't doing anything there, according to the reports I've seen.

They're probably trying to save a few bucks on interconnectivity and peering agreements, on the assumption that traffic within their already-existing network is "free."

David Smith
MVN.net

**
** THE INTERNET INDUSTRY EVENT **