More than willing to cut them some slack, just curious.  Thanks
for the updates from everybody.  Hope that everything can get under
control out there and you guys are minimally affected.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jack Unger
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 11:27 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Trango Site

I believe they are in the San Diego area which is heavily impacted by
the Southern California wildland fires. They may have a) evacuated, b)
lost power, or c) lost Internet access. I'm in the LA area and the
wireless ISP serving me lost power at their access point location (above

Topanga and near Malibu) and was off the air from about 4 PM yesterday
until 1 AM this morning  They said backup generators were not permitted
on the mountaintop so they were saving their last 3-4 hours of battery
backup to use this morning for the first  few hours of the business day.

I think commercial power has now been restored to the mountaintop
because Internet connectivity has now been up since 1 AM.

Anyway, it would be good to cut Trango some slack as circumstances may
be beyond their control.

jack

Larry A Weidig wrote:
>       Are others having problems with Trango's web site/phones.  We
> have not been able to get to their site the last couple of days.
Tried

--------

> ** Join us at the WISPA Reception at 6:30 PM on October the 16th 2007
at ISPCON **
> ** ISPCON Fall 2007 - October 16-18 - San Jose, CA   www.ispcon.com **
> ** THE INTERNET INDUSTRY EVENT **
> ** FREE Exhibits and Events Pass available until August 31 **
> ** Use Customer Code WSEMF7 when you register online at
http://www.ispcon.com/register.php **

--------

FCC License # PG-12-25133
Serving the Broadband Wireless Industry Since 1993
True Vendor-Neutral Wireless Consulting-Training-Troubleshooting
FCC Part 15 Certification for Manufacturers and Service Providers

--------

** Join us at the WISPA Reception at 6:30 PM on October the 16th 2007 at
ISPCON **
** THE INTERNET INDUSTRY EVENT **
http://www.ispcon.com/register.php **

--------