Alright I see what you are saying now. To comment on this petition is now
our chance of making our voice heard.
My fear (I'm very certain of it) is that if ISPs wouldn't be allowed to
bandwidth manage this content then the cost for the end users WILL go up.
My first reaction to this entire debate about Comcast blocking or heavily
throttling was alright let them if people don't like it they can go to
another provider all about open market and free enterprise. BUT if Vuze can
convince FCC this is not acceptable it would no longer be open market with
free enterprise from this standpoint any longer. This would then force the
ISPs into a bit cap type model for low priced accounts and high priced
unlimited service offerings. The "unlimited" all you can eat buffe that
exists in majority of north America I always liked. I never liked the usage
based service when I lived in Sweden.

But I wouldn't be opposed to go to a usage based service in general just one
thing. The services that we today for most as WISP's does not consider true
competition is the cellphone carriers. They have bit limits and on top of it
very expensive. Now if the $40 internet service would say get a 10GB bit cap
on it with fixed service location why wouldn't a user want to consider
getting a $60 service with similar service but mobile. In most rural areas
today this is not a problem because speeds are slow on the mobile networks
while in large metro areas you can get 1-1.5Mbit download speeds. If it
would have to go to a bit cap I would think it would make it more
interesting for the cell carriers to expand their highspeed locations
because they are now on a more level playing field. Good or bad?
For a wisp I would say that be bad.

/ Eje