To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 12:59 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] FDX Wireless

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007, Jon Langeler wrote:

Tom, just catching up on these. Is what your saying below, that Mikrotik's Nstreme2(dual card, FDX, PTP) still has a small amount of transmit occurring on the designated Rx card? I've always assumed that it was truly full duplex. But I've never really tested, wondering how sure you were on your PS below?

At the IP layer, it is true FDX. However, NStreme (and NStreme dual) is based on 802.11 protocol. There is some protocol information that is needed to maintain each individual link that is not happening at full duplex. This is a very small amount of traffic, but is happening, nonetheless.

--
Butch Evans
573-276-2879