This piece is FUD of the worst kind.

1) You are correct; no one is using whitespaces yet for broadband access.

2) This article appears to be a "hit piece" against the use of white
space for license-free devices.

The article is not only a "hit piece" but it's inaccurate as well. The
inaccuracy that you noted appears to be a result of simple ignorance of
the facts.

jack