ImageStream offers Initial Configuration Service.  For most applications, we
will configure the router to meet your specs for $275.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Butch Evans
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 4:22 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Router Help

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008, George Rogato wrote:

>>circuit. We need a router that will handle VLANS, handle more
>>bandwidth if needed, QoS, firewall (This network does a NAT). Were
>>looking for a routing platform that will handle not only Internet, but
>>VOIP and IPTV in the future.

>Another question is, what are you using for wireless gear at those
>towers? Some wireless systems have excellent routers built in to them.
>If your running a bridged wifi 802.11bG or A, then you might want to
>consider using Star-Os.
>
>Star is a great router as well as wireless.

Unless this has changed since I last looked at StarOS (admittedly almost a
year ago), there is a decent firewall, but no vlan support and QOS that is
at it's very best marginally useful. Good wireless support, though.

*Butch Evans                    *Professional Network Consultation *
*Network Engineering            *MikroTik RouterOS                 *
*573-276-2879                   *ImageStream                       *
*http://www.butchevans.com/     *StarOS and MORE                   *
*Mikrotik Certified Consultant  *Wired or Wireless Networks        *

----