I'll "second" Chuck's advice but will add that having a BSEE will be
very good for you to earn a living doing engineering work. If you can do
both - pursue your degree and work part time "hands-on" then you will
have be WAAAAYYY ahead of the game.

Chuck McCown - 2 wrote:
> I would say if you have the time, money, desire and drive to get your BSEE,
> by all means do so.
> At least you already have all your general ed covered.
>
> Normally technicians come up through the ranks, many times with various
> forms of formal or semi formal education from a variety of colleges and
> technical training schools or the military.
>
> I have hired lots of technicians and engineers over the years.  I'll take a
> life long interest/experience in Ham radio over the degree in many cases.
> Or military.  Fresh BSEEs are not good for much.  You have to teach them the
> stuff the technicians already know.

Jack Unger - President, Ask-Wi.Com, Inc.
Serving the Broadband Wireless Industry Since 1993
Cisco Press Author - "Deploying License-Free Wireless WANs"
Vendor-Neutral Wireless Design-Training-Troubleshooting-Consulting
FCC License # PG-12-25133 Profile <http://www.linkedin.com/in/jackunger>
Phone 818-227-4220  Email <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>