Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has written or seen a program that would do
some basic "connectivity" checking for customers? I had the thought
today that it would be really cool to have a simple program people could
download on their PC and then run that would do things like:

(1) Ping to our backbone router via IP address (showing latency results
as well)
(2) Ping our main DNS servers via IP address
(3) Ping a domain name
(4) Ping our main email server
(5) Ping the customers default gateway
(6) Show their configured IP address (both on the machine and on the
Internet)
(7) Speed test to our backbone (maybe just FTP a file from a local
server and compute the time vs. file size?)
(8) One additional button that would send all the results via email to
whatever email address they put in.

It would need to be a nice, pretty interface with a single button that
says "Start". Then the results could show a Green Light for each item
that was OK or a Red Light if there is a problem. It would also be nice
to have your company Logo and phone number on the interface.

Is anyone up for this task? I would be willing to pay to have something
written, unless there is already something close out there?

Travis
Microserv