On Wed, 2 Jul 2008, Harold Bledsoe wrote:

>No, really, we didn't harvest anyone's email from any mailing
>lists.  We are very careful to only market to customers of our
>companies (Deliberant, Ligowave, Wiligear, Wilibox) and have a very
>simple removal and opt out policy that we honor.

The world has changed somewhat over the past few years.  While I
appreciate your opt-out policy, I feel the need to ask...is your
marketing list opt-in in the first place?  I am not "attacking"
here, but just wanted a bit of clarification.  For me, most of my
customers are on an opt-out list, but the first email sent to that
list was one that was not marketing at all, but a note telling them
that I planned to use the email they provided me for a marketing
list.  That was how I handled it, but each company operates
differently.

>I'm sure you all market to your customers in various ways, and we
>do the same.  We are also a vendor member of WISPA.

Vendor membership offers a lot of nice "relaxations" of the "normal"
posting policies.  I am not accusing you of such a thing, but wanted
to clarify that vendor membership does not provide a license to
harvest... (I know you didn't harvest list addresses...)

*Butch Evans                    *Professional Network Consultation *
*Network Engineering            *MikroTik RouterOS                 *
*573-276-2879                   *ImageStream                       *
*http://www.butchevans.com/     *StarOS and MORE                   *
*http://blog.butchevans.com/    *Wired or wireless Networks        *
*Mikrotik Certified Consultant  *Professional Technical Trainer    *