From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matt Hardy
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 10:00 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] deliberant/ligowave

Hi David,
A couple of responses :)

> I'd be happy if more vendors would standardize on SNMP, at the very
> least, and ideally export things like signal (and/or SNR) in a usable way.
>
> Ligowave doesn't export signal levels anywhere in their (very minimal) MIB,
> instead asking you to use their proprietary software.

A few customers have requested these stats be exposed via SNMP, so we have now
added a couple of custom MIBs to the software that provide information not
found in the standard 802.11 SNMP MIBs (such as association count, signal
level, etc). This should be available soon (For both LigoWave and Deliberant)

> If you want to win my undying affection, get a couple dozen vendors to
> adopt a unified wireless MIB structure.

We'd be happy to work together with other vendors and provide a more
standardized wireless stats MIB as an extension to the 802.11 MIB for standards
based stats (receive signal level, noise level, etc).

Best Regards,
?
Matt Hardy
LigoWave