I used to live in a small town in Northern California.

Every few months, one of the 4 translators they had running on the
ridgetop would get crystal-clear while the other 3 would be fuzzy as hell.

Finally I asked the locals about it. It seems you are not a local in
that town unless you have been there at least 20+ years. The locals told
me that the "good translator" is used for whatever sporting season it was!

So Baseball was on Channel X so it got the good translator that season,
then when football started on channel Y it would get the good translator.

I love small towns!

ryan