Gino,

Also note... Trangos have automatic gain control. For troubleshooting, I
recommend turning off "ODURXAGC" as well as ATPC.
This will allow you to experiment with manual TX values that you can count
on occuring.

We generally saw better mse at -40 than we did -28 because of -28 being an
overload situation. But in 23Ghz, long term you would not want to leave all
the auto features off, and TX power reduced to reach the -40, because when
it rains there would be lots of loss, potentially requiring the increase in
tx power again.  But taking the Auto off for testing is helpful. I'd also
recommend running that way for a period of time to make sure its stable that
way, when you get a good link.  I have not confirmed any flaws with GIGA
auto features on new firmware, but I still wonder whether "auto" features
will work well or not.  The thought is... What will firmware do when it sees
a lowered MSE? Raise or lower the tx power? Raising power is not always the
best answer.  For example, if interference occurs, increase power to get
over the interference or obstruction is appropriate, however, if that
resulted in an overload situation, it could then create worse MSE, creating
a loop to distruction, and the process would then need to choose to lower
power to correct. Now I'm sure Trango's ATPC/AGC control considers all the
intelligent type things that need to be considered, but.... my thought is
that it may take customization based on the specific deployment. One neat
thing about Trango's firmware is it does allow some customization of
threshholds for those features.

Also make sure you have the newer firmwares. (If you don;t know what they
are, ask Trango, as they are not on the public website, jsut on a provate
login FTP server). Some of the older ones still had some issue where you'd
get a low MSE after configuration changes until both sides of the link were
rebooted.