With all the talk of Netflix and other bandwidth-intensive streaming
applications that are on the horizon, has anyone here looked into
peering with any of the major CDNs to reduce transit costs? I seem to
remember hearing that Akamai would colo a box within an ISP's network at
no cost to the ISP if there was enough (bandwidth) demand. Anyone know
if Limelight will do something similar? I'm guessing that most of us are
not big enough for this to be financially feasible, but for those who
are, it seems that there could be some major savings. My 100% business
customer base tends to use a lot of bandwidth from Youtube and streaming
radio. A direct connection to Limelight would cut down on transit costs
big time.

--
Patrick Shoemaker
Vector Data Systems LLC