I'll chime in with a few comments:

I admit to having been frustrated by the requirements in the 3.65 GHz
ruling by the ambiguity of the cooperation requirements and for sure
there are no first in rights. However, what I am seeing thus far in
practice is that first movers do enjoy a meaningful advantage in their
markets. Since WiMAX does represent a more significant CAPEX investment
on infrastructure, operators are reluctant to deploy aggressively in a
market where several operators are already live. Second, since the rule
does not define neither the nature nor extent of the cooperation, the
first in operators seem to have a leg up with the next in folks needing
to work around them to some extent. At a minimum, cooperation as it
relates to 3.65 GHz is a boon for the lawyer class and since most WISPs
are loathe to deploy an attorney to battle the first in's attorney, many
opt to find greener pastures. Also, according to me Redline friends, we
are learning that the FCC has rejected some registrations of multiple
operators on the same tower site. So on balance, the interference risks
in 3.65 GHz are minimal as compared to 5.x GHz and certainly the other
ISM bands.

I do wish that the FCC would use some of the 3.65 HGz license fees to
create an enforcement pool, as well as defining a more specific set of
rules and procedures for the human side of 3.65 GHz cooperation.

Cheers,

Patrick Leary
Aperto Networks
813.426.4230 mobile