I'm all for having someone else pay for expensive infrastructure, but I
hope that if the feds go forward with something like this, it's done
differently than the RUS system. It's easier to do business my way and
pay a tiny bit more for money from a bank, than to do all the RUS
planning and paperwork hoops to get RUS subsidized loans.

Speaking of RUS, has anyone noticed any crossroads wireless stuff
happening? They've signed up to be at lots of sites, but I haven't
actually heard much about deployment activity.

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 12:52:31PM -0500, Josh Luthman wrote:
> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123059580600140977.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
>
> Hopefully the cable companies haven't bought out the decision makers.  It
> would be great to see the WISPs across the states that are doing exactly
> what is being suggested needs done gets assistance.  I know it can't come
> soon enough for this small WISP!
>
> We have all had the pleasure to earn a customer that has three kids nagging
> at him for a PC and Internet access with that extra bonus check from work,
> but think of the countless older couples or less fortunate families that
> could really use the help catching up with the rest of the world
> technologically.
>
> Josh Luthman
> Office: 937-552-2340
> Direct: 937-552-2343
> 1100 Wayne St
> Suite 1337
> Troy, OH 45373
>
> Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.
> --- Henry Spencer

/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL
    KB1IOJ        |   Broadband Internet Access, Dialup, and Hosting
 http://f64.nu/   |   for Midcoast Maine    http://www.midcoast.com/
*/