Using Google hosted email is ok, but, has some drawbacks. Namely the SSL
cert and funky IMAP support. If it could be better integrated into a
website (IE, into my.foo.com instead of google.com/a/my.foo.com) I would
love it. Maybe that can be done with a better understanding of the
Google API?

While on the topic on Google Hosted, anyone using the GrandCentral Beta?