Yes, Nstreme can add significant speed, depending on the situation, It
should be noted that...

1. Nstreme performs slower if the Radios do not have fast enough processors.
For example, we found the old RB532s 233Mhz, NOT fast enough proc.
2. Nstreme works great (fast) on the newer faster boards, such as 433AH and
600Series.
3. Nstreme is not compatible to be used for all configurations. I forget the
exact details, but when we were trying to use WDS and VLANs, to immulate a
transparent bridge (VLAN switch) in a PTMP design (to connect a group of 4
tenant buildings, 1 acting as AP, and 3 acting as Stations), Nstreme had to
be disabled, for it to work. That was pre-2.29 version. I do not know, how
it is now with > v3.x
4. Nstreme2 is its way to use two channels togeather. Which works optimal
provided have adequate channel seperation (> 80mhz). Its good alternative to
do it in multi-band, when a single 40mhz wide channel is not available.
5. It requires access to both sides of the link to configure for NStreme.

But I bet Dennis, would have all the answers of how to optimize usage of
Nstreme.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband