rea...@muddyfrogwater.us wrote:
> Some of the financial and economic advisors I read from time to time are in
> deadly serious mode and I believe them.   They're saying that unless all
> this debt and spending is stopped and stopped NOW, we're going to face a
> currency collapse as our currency depreciates to worthlessness.

And there are other financial and economic advisors who believe the
opposite - that some short-term deficit spending will help bail the
economy out. I don't have a doctorate in macroeconomics, and I'm
assuming you don't either, so our opinions are both worth approximately
nothing. In any event, it's probably off-topic for this list.

David Smith
MVN.net