thanks Marlon.

I read a rumor about two days ago that said the Senate might not pass, as
there's at least a couple Democrats who are rather uneasy with all the
spending and might filibuster it.  Who knows where that goes.

I read somewhere that if we took the bailout money,  and stimulus money that
has and is expected to be spent, and just divided it among the adults, it
ends up to be many thousands per working person - something over 10K.   If
we just let the banks and loans fail and instead, divided up the "insurance"
,FDIC obligations, and Freddy and Fannie liabilities, and all the other
spending among all of us, I understand it would be something like 70K for
each household.

As it is, I understand that the only real break to people who are not either
really rich or really poor, is a $500 check.   And heaven only knows when
that would show up.   And we're borrowing something just less than $3000 per
man, woman, and child to do this latest one.

I'm not exactly hopeful here.   All the "long term" prognosticators I read
are now saying we're headed for certain hyperinflation.

We'd have been better off to let every bank fail that's failing, let Freddie
and Fannie die, and then hand out the money that we're all liable for just
to the people.   It would have been enough to restart a whole new economoy.

<insert witty tagline here>