From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of David Hulsebus
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 5:48 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] HP/Lenovo Netbook

I'm sure I still bleed a little blue, but I've used a Thinkpad - now
Lenovo since 1993. I'd still have the 486 based 700 series, but IBM wanted
it back when I left. I've had five laptops and haven't bought a new one
because of breakage yet - replaced only for performance issues.
We still have an old PIII in use as a terminal on one of our racks. They
get carried onto roofs, up water tanks, have been dropped from short
distance and have never failed to perform when picked back up. I'll echo
John, I could have paid more but a year old processor does what I need.
And yes, I also have one of the A31 series that runs Ubuntu. Works very
well as a workstation around the office.  I absolutely love the
trackpoint. I have issues with the trackpad and sweat on my fingers in the
summer, it makes moving the pointer a problem for me. I bought two
T42 series last month coming off lease for $250 each for installation
work.

David Hulsebus
Portative Technologies
www.portative.com