Here are some bullet points from release by a "think tank" in DC.  Some of
which are positive, some are negative concerning WISPs.  I included this so
that everyone could see the other perspectives being lobbied to the NTIA and
RUS.

1) Protect the open Internet: The NTIA and FCC should prohibit grant
recipients from selling any service that violates open Internet principles
and should require recipients to offer interconnection on a reasonable and
nondiscriminatory basis.

2) Promote speed: The NTIA should establish speed guidelines and benchmarks
and require grant applicants to detail actual -- not advertised -- network
speeds, with priority given to next-generation projects.

3) Provide clarity: The NTIA and FCC should adopt definitions of unserved
and underserved areas that are based on U.S. Census Bureau geographic
boundaries (either census blocks, block groups or tracts), and are informed
by new FCC broadband data.

4) Prevent waste: The NTIA should require grant applicants to provide
extensive documentation showing how their proposed project qualifies as a
new investment.

5) Gather information: The FCC should immediately initiate proceedings to
gather data and ideas to inform the national broadband strategy.

6) Focus resources: The NTIA should refocus the $350 million currently
allocated for state broadband mapping toward projects that work to stimulate
broadband demand, because the FCC is already collecting this data.

7) Remove roadblocks: The RUS should eliminate current regulations that
restrict broadband upgrades, create barriers to new entrants and undermine
competition.

8) Ensure transparency: The NTIA and RUS should create a single, publicly
accessible online database that hosts all the information relevant to the
broadband projects funded by the Stimulus Act.

Respectively,

Rick