From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of John McDowell
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 10:15 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] grant funds ideas

I thought I saw some posts on that?
My main concern is that I do not want a community to be determined by
Census. There are too many small communities of 50-100 people that are not
on the census that need broadband. This to me is one of the major pitfalls
of the USDA program. I could have funded nearly 20 communities for grants
already had the rules left out the Census. There needs to be a better way to
determine if a community is indeed a community regardless of whether it is
reported as a community or not.

The second thing that I would propose is the use of funds for obtaining
licensed spectrum, including but not limited to EBS/BRS and PTP microwave
links.

Thirdly, there should be no salary cap as the USDA puts on Network
Administrative positions that must be filled to help manage this growth.
Quality Network Engineers and administrators are high paying positions, not
to mention, engineers with the experience in RF, cellular-type technologies
with the know-how to build a top notch wimax network.

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Marlon K. Schafer
<o...@odessaoffice.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've asked before but saw no discussion so here it is again....
>
> If WISPA gets a chance to give input to the grant process, what should we
> tell the government?
>
> I can't believe that NO ONE here has any input on this at all.  Did my
last
> post fail to make it through?  Or should we not give any input into the
> process if given the chance?  We'll just let the telco's get all of it
> then?
>
> marlon

----

John M. McDowell
Boonlink Communications
307 Grand Ave NW
Fort Payne, AL 35967
256.844.9932
j...@boonlink.com
www.boonlink.com

you may not use, copy, re-transmit, or disclose to anyone the message or any
information contained in the message. If you have received the message in
error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail j...@boonlink.com, and
delete the message. E-mail communication is highly susceptible to spoofing,
spamming, and other tampering, some of which may be harmful to your
computer. If you are concerned about the authenticity of the message or the
source, please contact the sender directly.

----