From: "Kurt Fankhauser" <k...@wavelinc.com>

Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 23:56:12
To: 'WISPA General List'<wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: [WISPA] harmful RFI from ethernet to HAM RADIO?

Has anyone else here ever been co-located on a tower with a HAM radio
(144-148mhz) VHF repeater or perhaps even a commercial system in the 150mhz
band and gotten complaints that your Ethernet cable is causing them
interference on their repeater? We are trying to locate the source of noise
on an amateur radio repeater system locally and last time I went up on grain
leg there was a whole lot of Ethernet cabling strung everywhere and I've
read some links such as these. http://www.hamuniverse.com/linksys.html that
apparently some brands of equipment give out much more spurious emissions
than others.

Also how did you work with the radio people to solve it? Seems to only be
apparent in the VHF band.

Kurt Fankhauser
WAVELINC
P.O. Box 126