Interesting. I guess they wised up :-)
Their is no doubt they had the cross subsidee to fund it, and volume to
support it.

So the next question is... is it a good enough offering, that ISPs will
trade one Monopoly (RBOC) for the other (Cable)?
I can hear the questions now at the sales table... "Mr ISP, so you use
Comcast transit, hmmm... then how come I'm considering your third party
service, when Comcast send me a flyer last week for half the price to go
direct?"  I can hear the MTU Landlord negotiations now... "My tenants are
demanding Comcast, and won't sign the lease till the get it, because they
say that it is the best. Should we continue partnering with you, or let
Comcast in? What... you said you use Comcast as your primary transit
provider also? Mmmm, maybe the tenant is right?"  I can hear the FCC
meetings now.... "Ohh so the Open access strategies are working well to
serve WISP's needs. Guess we should give Comcast what they want, Duopoly is
A-Ok." .

I think its great that Comcast is opening up and offering wholesale
services. However, it could be a risky proposition long term for the
independent Industry.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband