Butch,

> Of the tunnels I've done with MT, you just use PPtP and set the MRRU
> (just like your tunnels).  I've done this with standard Linux, too.  It
> is actually quite an elegant solution.

Actually I missed this part of your post, before making my last post....

Am I understanding correctly.... Are you saying.....
When using PPTP and you set the MRRU to the same as your tunnels, both your
tunnel ethernet packet size can be 1512, while the ethernet packet size for
data inside the tunnel also can be 1512?  Meaning that PPTP does not
increase the Ethernet packet size, in order to be implemented?

(PS, I don't recall the details of PPTP. We generally use IPSEC, OpenVPN,
VLANs, MPLS, all of which increase ethernet packetsize above 1512, unless IP
payload MTU is reduced..)

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband