From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of 3-dB Networks
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 5:21 PM
To: 'WISPA General List'
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Indoor CPE install / window glass type determination

I would advise against doing it.  If the CPE is inside it makes fixing
customer problems harder (especially 900MHz/2.4GHz since the noise has even
less barriers to the CPE) and makes it that the customer has to be home to
work on the CPE or to deinstall the CPE.

Sounds like your opening up a can of worms... and I'm not sure what the gain
would be (sure quicker installs, but the customer is paying for that
right?).  I cringe at the thought of customer installed CPE's...

With that said I have installed Canopy SM's through windows occasionally for
special circumstances and have had little issues with them... besides of
course tinted windows or energy efficient windows (but depending on distance
it might not be an issue).

I've even deployed 2.4GHz Wi-Fi based gear in attics with absolutely
no-LOS... once again not recommended but you gotta do what you gotta do
sometimes.

Daniel White
3-dB Networks
http://www.3dbnetworks.com