RickG wrote:
> Charles,
>
> I'll check my archives for the spreadsheet (I think Charles Wu has it
> online someplace)

Thanks. I appreciate that.

  but I believe the financing is only a small portion
> of the issue.

Indeed. Gear is only a small part of the network. I was thinking 100k
for capex/initial contracting/build out only. To really "do it right" as
it were.

  It's the labor. Good, reliable labor, that has
> experience and knowledge.

Very true. I have been building a team for some time and have found it
very difficult work.

> As far as your $100k, there are many variables and more detail is
> needed.

Of course. Which is why I asked for a spreadsheet listing out variables
that folks have identified.

Sidenote: I dont live there now but I was born and raised in
> SoCal. When you say medium city, are you using city limits as a
> coverage area. I ask because in SoCal nearly all the cities run
> together from San Diego to Santa Barbara.

I was referring to population. I live in a city that is under served and
I believe I can provide much better service to the city.

> At any rate, in my experience, whatever budget you come up with - double it!

Double the expenses and halve the revenue is common practice. :)