From: "Mike Hammett" <wispawirel...@ics-il.net>

Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 13:26:00
To: WISPA General List<wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: [WISPA] OT:  Printers

I have used HP printers for probably 15 - 20  years.  The first printer (680c)
probably still works.  Anything we've purchased in the past 10 years has been
garbage.

The DeskJet 6940 just plain stopped working, HP replaced it with a 6980, which
after 403 pages I hear is having problems.

The OfficeJet 6110 had paper handling issues and stopped auto answering faxes.
Replaced it with a 6310, which after 3000 pages had paper handling issues and
uses incredible amounts of ink.  I hear it has some fax issues as well.

What printers are worth a damn?  I was recommended to Dell laser MFPs, but I'm
not yet sure on spending $500 on a printer if it's not going to be around.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com