Josh Luthman wrote:
> I love my HP LaserJet 4 and 5
>
> 4 still runs today

We had an HP Laserjet 4, until it sent someone to the hospital. (Our
Printer Guy was replacing something, maybe the drum, and got overzealous
with balancing the printer's substantial bulk in a funny way. He got
distracted, something sharp inside the printer cut him, gravity kicked
in, et cetera.) I think it was at about 350,000 pages when it left us.

Its replacement is an HP Laserjet 2430tn, which we've had for over three
years and 185,000 pages, with no problems. It's "just" a black-and-white
printer (no fax or copy, no color, no frills except the built-in network
print server), and it cost around $1000 at the time, but it does its job
(mainly printing invoices for customers) quite well.

David Smith
MVN.net