Yeah, good point, and disappointing.

But the problem with having comparative requirments for price and speed is
that providers do not just have ONE offering.
For example, If someone offered 2 plans: 20mbps for $1000/mon and 1mbps for
$19/mon, they could claim that they should get points for...
1) offering super low pricing, and 2) super high speeds.

Are the rules written to really require that the super high speeds are sold
at the super low prices? Or how many subs they can serve with either of the
plans?
And does it lock the party into it, after the grant term?

And is up+down meaning the in agreegate capacity combination adding Up to
Down , so a 10mbps HDX service qualifies for 10mbps?
And does it specificy over-the-air raw versus real-throughput speed?  A
802.11b radio can actually be called a 11mbps service, right?

What the grant does is that it incourages deceptive and intentionally
misleading marketing, even though it would still be true.

I think it may force WISPs to offer two product lines. The BTOP special
might be an oversubscribed 10mbps plan, with small print that the rate
speciafies over-the-air, and then you have another plan, that more realistic
represents real throughput speeds.

Anyways.... WISPs will miss getting the full 20 points, but they aught to be
able to get the 10 points for selling 10mbps.

Will an applicant lose points for offering both 10mbps and 3 mbps plans?

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband