From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of e...@wisp-router.com
Sent: Saturday, August 01, 2009 2:14 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Are customers increasingly clueless? Oris
itgettingbetter?

Netflix works great over wireless. I'm my own worst customer. Watch
streaming netflix movies frequently and have a wireless link to the house.
Granted the AP I'm on has 75% business clients on it and a fairly light
customer load on it. But no crashes on it nor complaints from customers on
sluggish or slow internet while I enjoy my movies ;) they need more HD
quality movies ;) 2.5 to 3.5Mbps bw consumption. FYI if there is enough
bandwidth most devices I seen will do download spurts of the netflix movies.
20-30sec at say 4-5Mbit then 10-20sec with no bw utilization then another
20-30 second spurt. Average bw util of 2.5-3.5 for HD quality.

If you have a wireless link to your house you could simply change your
routing to have your internet feed go out your TW link at your house if your
main pipe is down since you have the bw there.
This way you don't relay on feed of internet to the same location for both
primary and backup (think backhoe) and maybe your house is served of a
different CO as well (another plus).
There are many other benefits and reasons as well to have primary internet
and backup at physical different locations.

/Eje
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile