Has anyone been able to withstand a direct lightning strike? We had a
tower get hit last night, and some of our equipment lost Ethernet ports
(RB/433AH), and we lost 3 canopy APs, but that is all (considering what
is all up there only 2/3rds was blown).  Our Trango AP survived and a
RB/433AH survived.  Even Nextel had their guys out there, but they just
had to reset alarms it appears as nothing was "fried" on their end.  I
wish I had to just reset alarms.

So tell me, what do you do ? I'm tired of dumping a few grand during big
lightning storms.

I do the basics, Ethernet surge suppression up top and on the bottom,
Polyphasers, ground out to the ground bars, ground out the cat5 cable,
and no omni's.

Regards,

Chuck Hogg

Shelby Broadband