I don't understand the need for the full "U" bend. Why wouldn't it work
going straight up from the facia/gable mount instead of continuing the
bend to get back over the roof? I would think that it would be stronger
and more rigid if the bends were all between the mounting points.
Perhaps I am missing something...

ASCII art of what I am thinking below.....

   ___/
 /

--

John Vogel - jvo...@vogent.net