Those marketing photos sure look pretty though.  They might also explain why
I keep seeing installs done just like the pictures.  I had a bit of an
argument a few weeks ago on the UBNT forums with some folks defending using
indoor patch cable outside and not wrapping connectors.  It started with
someone complaining to UBNT that the patch cable boots wouldn't fit inside
the bullet caps.  (The answer from UBNT was that it was a tradeoff in the
design...???)  Silly me, I said they were supposed to be used with outdoor
shielded cable, not patch with the boots.  You wouldn't believe how many
negative comments came from that.  Pictures of nice pretty blue PVC patch
cables and bright shiny connectors.............  And now there is an army of
installers following these lies.

We use outdoor, flooded cable with the static drain wire to an outdoor
shielded connector.  All connections wrapped.   It's not as pretty but I
don't work for Apple so I just care about it being functional and trouble
free.  I would be more attracted to a photo of equipment with a correct
install.  They are marketing to professionals, after all, and when I see one
of these photos, I'm like you and are too busy being distracted by the
things that are wrong.

----