you decide the level of service, personally I think the amplifier is the
worst choice, I would prefer to use the devices on the tower (and yes we
have devices on tower with ice).

But you asked for the electronic on the bottom (i.e. all passive) then
you have to choose what is the best trade off for you. Having the
electronics on the bottom is a very good thing, anybody can go there to
see what's wrong and it's easier to work during storms or bad weather.
But it has a high cost.

Personally I would suggest, instead of having the things on the bottom,
to install twin devices on the tower. In case one goes down you have the
other one. This is easy to implement and very quick BUT it is not what
you asked in your last email.

We do that and we find it a decent trade off.

Bye.

--

Ing. Paolo Di Francesco

Teleinform S.p.A.
Sede Legale: Via Francesco Paolo Di Blasi 1, 90144 Palermo
Unita' Operativa: Via Regione Siciliana 49, 90046 Monreale (Palermo)
Tel: +39-091-6408576, +39-091-6404501
Fax: +39-091-6406200

http://www.wikitel.it
http://www.teleinform.com