They haven't gotten any "not good enough" messages from the xbox.  I
assume the fix of which you speak was done on the client router and
not your core equipment?

Ping times from my monitoring position, through a wireless router in
my home, out a customer client (I have us set up just like a
customer) through my core, back out a sector, to their repeater
sector, out their repeater, through a client in the house and finally
a switch varies from 4ms to 7ms USUALLY.

The client sector facing my tower is set up as a bridge.  The
repeater connected to it is set up to do DHCP and NAT.  The client in
the house is set up as a bridge to let the repeater do all the
DHCP/NAT.  So, there really is only one place the IPs are natted.

I will tell him to 1) make sure his firmware is the latest.  I think
you can just update from the Xbox, tight?
2) to try different games or a different group of users to see if
it's the server or not.

I guess I never knew the servers were out in other users homes, kinda
like P2P or a sort of distributed computing?  I guess I thought the
Xbox live servers were centrally located.

Mike