I think the major barrier to wisp growth is lack of quality, NLOS spectrum.

-----Original Message-----
From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Marco Coelho
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2009 11:21 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Barriers to WISP growth

Patrick,

Not being one for gov money....

We have excellent credit.  We have that because we only expand at a
rate the will allow funding (new business) to cover our costs.  So the
cycle goes:

1.  Build out X number of Towers.
2.  Market X number of Areas.
3.  Install Customers to X*Y until well funded.

Repeat.

I think a lot of the companies that take stimulus money are going to
go under in the long run.  They will go like the dot-coms.  Build
build Build.... Ah shit no revenue!

That being said, we are vertical, all workers work for the company.
That is the only way you can control quality.  Good employees are very
hard to find.  For every 100-200 applications/resumes, maybe 10 are
worth talking to seriously.  You're lucky to find 1 that is worth
hiring.

Always a ray of sunshine!

Marco Coelho
Argon Technologies Inc.