One particular farmer I dealt with had a similar experience.  He had
a 900 Mhz panel on his machine shed from a competitor (actually my
upstream)  They sold the boxes to this fellow with no regard to what
it was going to do to existing 900 MHz gear.

Well he called me and told me his Internet connection was just going
so slow it might as well be dialup.  When I went to check it
out,  the first thing I saw was the GPS unit on his tractor.  I asked
him if it was new.  It was last spring.  He told me he had a
newfangled device that was guiding him in the fields.  I just smiled
and told him he was killing his own connection.

The resolve was to do away with the 900 and put a 5.8 panel on his
machine shed.  I then built a 2.4 private network for them using half
channel gear.  His neighbor across the street is a stock broker and
absolutely needed high speed.  He too is on this network.

So, from a business standpoint, we turned an engineering problem into
an opportunity.  They were more than happy to pay for the engineering
and equipment.  It works great for them and solved a self induced problem.

I'm not sure the guys building the GPS networks are even aware of how
much spectrum they use, or the problems it is causing existing
spectrum users.  But, such are the perils of part 15 spectrum.

Mike