They have had radome covers since installed

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of jp
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 3:37 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Link stability

I'd change the LMR jumper and/or feedhorn. There's a strong chance there

is water in the jumper and changing it might fix it. There's also a
chance that the feedhorn has failed. If you end up changing the
feedhorn, consider putting a radome on the dish to protect the feedhorn
from weather. It's not necessary, but it is additional protection.

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 02:39:47PM -0500, Mark McElvy wrote:
> I have a wireless backhaul link that is not as stable as I would like.
> It is a 15.5 mile shot that has been up for 3 years. MT/CM9/32db dish
on
> both ends. On a clear day I am only seeing a -83 on each end. All the
> radio equip was replaced April 08 due to lighting, still have the
> original 3ft LMR-400 and antenna. I seem to remember the signal being
in
> the -70 range prior to the lightning replacements.
>

> Right now the link is down with random reconnects with a -92 and then
it
> will drop again. Weather is misty thick and overcast. I kinda of have
> twofold question, could the weather be attenuating the signal enough
> drop the connection? I think yes. Second, could I have a
> weakened/damaged antenna causing the general drop in signal?
>

> Mark

--------

/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL
    KB1IOJ        |   Broadband Internet Access, Dialup, and Hosting
 http://f64.nu/   |   for Midcoast Maine    http://www.midcoast.com/
*/

--------