On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 15:29, Chuck Hogg <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ok, so we are passing back and forth negatives/positives of our current
> SMTP policy, and are looking for answers on what others are doing.  I'm
> going to list what we have done, currently doing, and looking for
> feedback on what you do...
>

We allow authenticated SMTP relay from anywhere, and unauthenticated SMTP
relay from within our network. Unauthenticated traffic from our broadband
customers is transparently routed to a "different" server (with a clever
abuse of NAT rules), and that server does extra spam scanning on outgoing
email.

If I could rebuild the whole network from scratch, I'd love to make
everything require authentication, but there's a bunch of pesky legacy
customers out there.

David Smith
MVN.net


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WISPA Wants You! Join today!
http://signup.wispa.org/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
WISPA Wireless List: [email protected]

Subscribe/Unsubscribe:
http://lists.wispa.org/mailman/listinfo/wireless

Archives: http://lists.wispa.org/pipermail/wireless/

Reply via email to