I've bought these to run routerOS very successfully:
http://rackmountmart.stores.yahoo.net/newrmexshor1.html

looks like they have a newer faster version too. I haven't tried this 
yet.
http://rackmountmart.stores.yahoo.net/nermexsh1ura.html

As you can see they are fanless and have a laptop style DC power supply 
in the case. I'm sure it could be removed so you could supply your own 
DC power. There are many DC-DC converters for these sort applications as 
people use mini-itx computers in boats, cars, etc...

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 02:33:26PM -0800, MDK wrote:
> 
> Looking for an x86 compatible board of some kind with at least 3 or (better) 
> more ethernet ports.
> 
> Anyone have suggestions?
> 
> Needs to have enough cpu power to route full 100m ethernet speed.    gigE 
> would be even better.
> 
> I've not found such a beast... but I need one where there's no ac power, no 
> climate control...
> 
>  
> 
> 
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> WISPA Wants You! Join today!
> http://signup.wispa.org/
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  
> WISPA Wireless List: [email protected]
> 
> Subscribe/Unsubscribe:
> http://lists.wispa.org/mailman/listinfo/wireless
> 
> Archives: http://lists.wispa.org/pipermail/wireless/

-- 
/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL
    KB1IOJ        |   Broadband Internet Access, Dialup, and Hosting 
 http://f64.nu/   |   for Midcoast Maine    http://www.midcoast.com/
*/


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WISPA Wants You! Join today!
http://signup.wispa.org/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
WISPA Wireless List: [email protected]

Subscribe/Unsubscribe:
http://lists.wispa.org/mailman/listinfo/wireless

Archives: http://lists.wispa.org/pipermail/wireless/

Reply via email to