> The RadWin 2000 product is easy to configure but as Josh has pointed out
> you must use a windows computer to configure it.
> I don't feel your comments help anyone and put a shadow over a good
> product.

I'm sure the RadWin is a real nice product, and that windows only is fine
for many people.  But Josh's comment did help some people, such as myself,
so that we can qualify whether the RadWin product is right for us. I would
have been pissed if I ordered a $3k-$5k radio and then learned I couldn't
use it after it arrived, because of GUI requirements. Clearly the mechanisms
available to configure a radio are relevent.  Support for Telnet is just as
relevent as support for SNMP for example, if a WISP's Network Management
design requires it.
For example in our network, we insist that all critical WAN equipment that
we use supports a command line interface, so it can be managed by our
command line Routers, without disconnecting the radio from the router, or
relying on a free port on the router that would need configured for a laptop
to be connected to.

Having a windows only config option does not make a product bad, but it does
undisputedly limit the market potential of that product, because there are a
percentage of ISPs that rely on text console management, for many reasons..

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband