The icky-pick <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icky-pick> or monkey-s*** as my
telco friends call it... that is on "normal cables" is clear and a PITA to
get off. I also find that it "runs" into everything when it gets hot.

I moved to Western Washington State to avoid the running of the gel when it
gets hot.

I also started to use the cable from Mowhawk: 5EXHO4P24-BK-R-MOH-NR   (aka:
Mohawk "Megalan" Flooded) from my local Graybar distributer and I like it a
whole-lot-better. The icky-pick in this cable is white and non-sticky. It
feels like hand lotion. It is easy to remove from hands and clothing.

If you do have to work the clear stuff, do 2 things:
1. Charge extra. Really the labor involved in that c**p is just not worth
it.
2. Buy some of the wipes or spray sold here (or at graybar):
http://www.polywater.com/hydrasol.html This stuff is awesome... I keep some
of the pre-moistened individual wipes in the tool-box just in case.

ryan

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 10:28 AM, Brian Rohrbacher