On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 08:50:47AM -0800, Marlon K. Schafer wrote:
> Deep sigh.
>
> I put up my first solar site 3 weeks ago.  Today it's gone.  $3,000 in
> hardware, poof.
>
> What do you guys do to secure them?

Two of mine are on islands. You'd have to have a real nice boat to get
to them. That rules out most lower tier criminals. The solar repeaters
are on the property of lobstermen on the islands too. Lobstermen have
limits of how much they will mess with each other, as extra-legal
retribution is reality and they have to get along together on the same
pieces of ocean.

> I hope the jerks fell of the cliff's and got hurt!
>
> It's not like the whole world even know the gear was out there.  Pretty
> remote location, not at all publicized.
>
> Merry Christmas and a Happy New year eh?
>
> ug
> marlon

/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL
    KB1IOJ        |   Broadband Internet Access, Dialup, and Hosting
 http://f64.nu/   |   for Midcoast Maine    http://www.midcoast.com/
*/