Need to upgrade from your 2 by 4 to a 4 by 4? ;) 

One thing I forgot to say in my rant is consider anyone over the above of 18
is "registered to vote" in Sweden the percentage SHOULD be lower than in a
country where you have to actually register your intent to vote to be
allowed to vote and yet around 85% vote there vs 65% here. ;P 

At times I wonder how many knows how and what they need to do to register to
vote (I would hope everyone that are allowed to register to vote knows). 
But even further how many actually knows right now (no matter registered to
vote or not) where they should go to vote? 
In Sweden once your 18 and upon the next election you get your voting card
sent to you by mail which shows when and where you are expected to vote. 
I still get the vote card even after living 10 years here in the US (ashamed
to say that I have not voted the last 2 elections but then I have very
minimal clue what going on political back in Sweden).. FYI for anyone not
knowing yes I'm still Swedish citizen and not a US citizen so am not allowed
to vote in the US elections (I'm a legal alien ;) so anyone that meet me can
claim they meet an alien... lol )

Alright back to my corner.. Drats said my last post was my 1 a year off
topic now I consumed 2 years worth of non topic posts... 

/ Eje

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
Behalf Of Butch Evans
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 11:00 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Follow up article

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 00:06 -0600, Eje Gustafsson wrote: 
> I could really go at it and say that Americans should be ASHAMED of
> themselves. 

I agree.  It is absolutely shameful to see the turnouts.  It is MORE
shameful that this is pointed out by you (don't be offended, it's not
intended that way).  It is, however, reality that too many Americans are
unwilling to participate in politics in any way other than complaining.
FWIW, I have NEVER missed the opportunity to vote in ANY election (all
the way down to the local ones).  The fact that sometimes a higher
percentage of active voters differ in their opinion does not mean my
vote doesn't count.  It just means that I should work harder to teach
people how to think.  :-)

-- 
********************************************************************
* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://store.wispgear.net/    * Wired or Wireless Networks       *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!  *
********************************************************************



----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
WISPA Wants You! Join today!
http://signup.wispa.org/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
 
WISPA Wireless List: [email protected]

Subscribe/Unsubscribe:
http://lists.wispa.org/mailman/listinfo/wireless

Archives: http://lists.wispa.org/pipermail/wireless/




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WISPA Wants You! Join today!
http://signup.wispa.org/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
WISPA Wireless List: [email protected]

Subscribe/Unsubscribe:
http://lists.wispa.org/mailman/listinfo/wireless

Archives: http://lists.wispa.org/pipermail/wireless/

Reply via email to