I have a slight bit of insider knowledge to this tradeshow concept.  One
of the things that really turned me away from his show is that he is
suggesting a LARGE entrance fee and them keeping the profit.  Granted,
it may not be as large as some shows, but for our community the first
impression I had was I don't think that you will get the draw that you
desire at that price.  Vendor booth packages at $5k-$50k, $300-$750
entrance fees, and for what?  The main part about it was that I was told
that they had to get the buy-in from WISPA.  Without it they felt
doomed.  Now, if this show is going to generate $1M, I think that WISPA
should get some type of rev-share out of it.

Now, the numbers may have changed significantly.  I don't know.  But if
I was on the committee, the first thing I would be thinking about is how
does WISPA sign off on a show that they are trying to get 200 new
members for, or approximately $50k in membership fees, where the
entrance to the show is more expensive than a year's membership?

FISPA puts on multiple shows/meetings a year.  The prices are
negligible.  The Orlando March show is $159 for 2 days, and includes
meals, drinks, and 1 hotel night stay.  They hold 3-4 of them a year.
They are a smaller version of a MUM if you have ever attended one.

Regards,
Chuck Hogg
Shelby Broadband
502-722-9292