I'm having a heck of a time setting up OSPF for my network. We've been running
a switched network with a Riverstone router on the border, but we've long
outgrown that configuration. I have a Mikrotik RB1000U in the rack running v4.5
that we're going to use for our expansion and convert existing subscribers over
to. If I can get the dang thing to work anyway.

So, here's what I got:

The Riverstone is still on the border, and will be until I can talk the
higher-ups into replacing it. It still works and has plenty of capacity for us
still, it's just that Riverstone Networks went under some time ago and there is
no support for these things anymore. Anyway, it's here, and it has the default
route to our provider. I have a new range of public IPs, and I need to have
those public IPs accessible from the Mikrotik[s].

At this point, I have OSPF running between the routers, both the Riverstone and
the Mikrotiks are advertising their attached networks, and the Riverstone
appears to be redistributing it's default route in OSPF. Everything works
locally, but I'm not able to get OUT to the internet from our public addresses
when attached to the Mikrotik.

BUT, I do have connectivity from an outside network IN to those addresses.
Something is not working/configured to make the routing bidirectional. I don't
understand what else I need to do.

If I directly attach the public addresses to the Riverstone, everything works.
I have allowed that network it in the applicable ACLs, etc.

Can anyone offer me some tips and suggestions? I've worn myself out
troubleshooting it, I just don't know what else to look for!

Thanks!

---
Paul Gerstenberger
Hood River Electric Cooperative
Communications Access Cooperative

[provider] - We have three Class-C networks of Public IPs assigned to us
--
{default gateway}
--
[riverstone] - Our core router, runs NAT and has directly connected networks of
private and public IPs, uses static route / default gateway to our upstream