OK  That makes sense.

Most bandpass filters I have seen have 250-350 Mhz windows.  So if you
run the unit on say channel 7 which is 2.435 GHz (I think) you would not
be eliminating anything that is 125-175 MHz down or up. The only
possibility I know of is using them when you are running standard
non-overlapping configuration of channels 1, 7 and 11.

Otherwise you really can't get the channel separation you need for them
to work as specified.

Good Luck

-B-